What are Composite GRP Doors
Our multicoloured range of GRP doors, takes into account current market trends, and tastes, and are all offered - coloured externally but white internally so you have no decorating to do at all except where you want to trim the door in height or width to suit your frame - where the edges will need resealing.
These doors can be trimmed substantially, reducing in height by 60mm ( 40mm off the bottom and 20mm off the top ) and 40mm on the width ( 20mm each side ). The benefits of using composite doors versus PVC or timber are;
- Composite door skins are much stronger than PVC. Flexing than pVC and therefore offering better security as the door is stronger.
- Much more aesthetically attractive than PVC door. PVC doors are made up from an outer frame plus panel making the door appear narrow.
- Looks like timber but without the headaches on timber. i.e. leaking panels, cracking, less maintenance etc.
- Easy to install/reduce in size/hinge etc. Same procedures as a timber door.
- Already finished so no painting required after installation (unless sized). No worries about the door expanding or contracting after installation unlike timber doors.
- Door can be painted or refinished to any colour during the lifetime of the product.
- Complies to current Thermal Requirements of Part L of the Building Regulations (1.7 wm2/K for the solid 6pnl and 1.8wm2/K for the glazed options).
View our truely great range on line - and great prices to suit!
Help, Tips & Advice
When doing house renovations, it’s all well and good making your exterior look pretty. But, does it follow Building Regulations? To get your plans approved, it’s vital all wo...Read More