What are Composite GRP Doors
Our multicoloured range of GRP doors, takes into account current market trends, and tastes, and are all offered - coloured externally but white internally so you have no decorating to do at all except where you want to trim the door in height or width to suit your frame - where the edges will need resealing.
These doors can be trimmed substantially, reducing in height by 60mm ( 40mm off the bottom and 20mm off the top ) and 40mm on the width ( 20mm each side ). The benefits of using composite doors versus PVC or timber are;
- Composite door skins are much stronger than PVC. Flexing than pVC and therefore offering better security as the door is stronger.
- Much more aesthetically attractive than PVC door. PVC doors are made up from an outer frame plus panel making the door appear narrow.
- Looks like timber but without the headaches on timber. i.e. leaking panels, cracking, less maintenance etc.
- Easy to install/reduce in size/hinge etc. Same procedures as a timber door.
- Already finished so no painting required after installation (unless sized). No worries about the door expanding or contracting after installation unlike timber doors.
- Door can be painted or refinished to any colour during the lifetime of the product.
- Complies to current Thermal Requirements of Part L of the Building Regulations (1.7 wm2/K for the solid 6pnl and 1.8wm2/K for the glazed options).
View our truely great range on line - and great prices to suit!
Your external doors say a lot about your home, so imagine what a difference you could make to your kerb appeal by installing a new front or back door. What's more, you could improve home security and energy conservation too.
At Vibrant Doors, we have selected a range of external doors that are in style, whether it is a traditional, contemporary or glazed appearance that you’re looking for. We have carefully selected exterior options that match with our internal doors so you can carry a coherent style throughout your home.
Choice & Quality
Our external doors range is manufactured using only the finest quality timber and joinery, which offers long-standing performance and a striking appearance. Choose from our great value range of hardwood such as oak, or softwood like hemlock or redwood.
If you’re looking to make a real difference to your home, external oak doors can add class and a lasting style like no other. The most popular timber door used in the home today, you'll find furniture, flooring, and kitchens all made from this attractive wood. Why not select an appropriate external door to match?
The beautiful glazed hardwood doors (for the front entrance and the back entrance) are more traditional in appearance. Their sturdy construction and presence make them timeless classics, ideal if you're trying to create period authenticity. Choose your own fixings, latch and door handle to complete the look. Our exterior doors come in a variety of sizes so you can find the right fit for your current frame.
Your external doors, just like your windows, need to stand up to weather, condensation and draughts. It's important that external doors are energy efficient to keep the heat in and the cold out.
Double glazing ensures adequate insulation, and we'll specify if they are part L compliant (helping you meet the building regulation on the conservation of fuel and power in buildings). You'll also find our low u-values listed on the detail page of each door where applicable.
The security of your home is a key consideration when it comes to external doors. That's why we provide sturdy wooden doors to keep you secure. Install with safety hinges, a multi-point locking system or a mortice dead lock for top door security. You can also fit a door chain to exterior wooden doors more easily than upvc doors.
In addition, all our glazing uses toughened glass. This safety glass not only offers enhanced security but helps keep your home the warmest it can be by providing thermal insulation.